Tuesday, 12 April 2011


After my usual, I've run out of wool, day last week I've finally finished my cushion cover.
I had completed six motifs based on #118 from Edie Eckman's book "Beyond the Square". I was using Sublime's organic cotton in borage which is a beautiful, delicate shade. Sadly it's another of my favourites that had been discontinued. So I played around and came up with a solution. I had been making a collection of tiny granny squares and the more I thought about it the more sure I was that the lacy motifs needed a border.

I played around with it and decided to go with a border of the same colour granny squares rather than the contrasting darker grey.

The envelope back was already completed but was now too short to match the added width of the front.  Using Twilleys organic cotton I added a few rows of the darker contrast. I used the same colour to join the front and back added three shell buttons I already had in my stash

and hey presto!


No comments: