As I said, I should be painting. I've done two walls and I'm having a break. I'm blaming Apryl at Blue Daisy Glass for my procrastination today.
I've just read her post on bottle upcycling when it sparked off the thing that I should have done ages ago.
The thing? Well, April awarded me this,
I'm thrilled to receive the Versatile Blogger Award but I was in the middle of my July challenge. I hadn't forgotten but part of the award means that you've got to list seven interesting facts about yourself. Interesting? There lies the problem. Seven, 7, saith, siete! Well there are two!
- Dw i'n gallu siarad Cymraeg. (I can speak Welsh) I could read Welsh before I could read English. Forgot it all and had to learn all over again.
- I know some Spanish.
- I've taught English to Japanese ladies.
- I was offered a job in a language school in Prague by the person on the next table while having dinner one night.
- I've worked in education and conservation.
- I hate spiders and snakes. The rest of creation is fine by me but those either have too many legs or not enough. Stick some spider legs on snakes. Problem solved!
- I've had four black cats in succession. Each one has met an untimely end. They are not lucky. Be careful out there, Dizzy!
The other task to have full ownership of the award is to nominate seven worthy recipients. That's another hard bit. There are so many of you that reserve this and I don't want to offend anyone by leaving them out. Here are the seven I've chosen.
In no particular order, my choice for the Versatile Blogger Award goes to -
The Curious Miss Clay
That Fuzzy Feeling
Mad Scientists Designs
They're all a good read and they're all very talented in different ways. Pop over and take a look. Tell them Cat sent you!
Oh! I've got to get back to my painting now. Perhaps I should have a coffee and read the newpaper first.