Pages

Saturday 20 August 2011

Pantone Colours

Honeysuckle

Pantone 18-2120






Honeysuckle is Pantone's colour of the Year 2011. It has been described by Leatice Eiseman the executive director of the Pantone Colour Institute as,

a dynamic reddish pink, Honeysuckle is encouraging and uplifting. It elevates our psyche beyond escape, instilling the confidence, courage and spirit to meet the exhaustive challenges that have become part of everyday life.

Honeysuckle derives its positive qualities from a powerful bond to its mother color red, the most physical, viscerally alive hue in the spectrum. The intensity of this festive reddish pink allures and engages.

I have an Italian friend who owns a winter coat in this colour. She says that winter is so dreary that wearing it makes those dark months easier to get through. It gives her a glow that's hard enough to find in the summer here yet alone in the winter. 

Honeysuckle is a colour that I've become more fond of in recent years. I really enjoyed working with the Amy Butler organic cotton when I made my scarf. It cheered up a few rainy days.



Here's more honeysuckle at Etsy, featuring UK shops and the knit1treble2 team.



Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

MadScientistsDesigns said...

That IS a cheery color! Love the treasury!

cathouseprints said...

Great color! You know, I always thought honeysuckle was a more subdued color (I don't know why). I love the description and it is very uplifting. The treasury is gorgeous.

Baban Cat said...

Mmm, the honeysuckle in my garden is yellow and the berries are red!!

Lizzy Love said...

oh oh oh fabulous, I love this one!!!!! The treasury is gorgeous! The color is perfect!!!! :)