Pages

Friday 7 October 2011

Pantone colours

Orchid Hush




It's rather a sad day as this is the last offering of the Pantone fall 2011 series. The new colours for spring/summer have been released but I won't focus on those until the new year.

What does Pantone say about orchid hush?

Orchid Hush, a unique tone of gray with complex orchid undertones, blends well with any other color in the palette.

Another informative description by Pantone. It has a definite undertone of lavender or lilac making it a warm grey. It hasn't the coldness of an ice blue.

I've put together my interpretation of it. Included is another print by gorjuss because this one reminds me of Beth.



Have a great weekend! I'll be off to London.

Do you know, I've got an awful feeling that cat has been in this room.

2 comments:

Lizzy Love said...

lovely color and lovely T! Great work!

Looking forward to your interpretations of the new colors of next year!

cathouseprints said...

Oh no, the end of Pantone colors! What a drag as they've been such a blast. I think Pantone may have, again, been "cheap" on the description of Orchid Hush as surely they are frantic to write wild descriptions for the spring/summer colors! Surely, the color name had to take the lead here.

The treasury is FAB! I hope you can continue a similar theme maybe using say old 60s songs for your wonderful treasuries. How about a She's a Rainbow or Ruby Tuesday treasury?? Wouldn't that be fun? A swinging Chelsea or Mary Quant treasury. Maybe I should try one since I'm suddenly getting ideas as I type this! LOL.

Have fun in London and have a wonderful weekend.

Regarding the kitty, do you have a "feeling" or is it a smell? I have the prozac kitty that liked to pee anywhere but in the catbox. Since the prozac, he now only uses the box, thankfully!